Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Year Players - Maverick Wellar

@Dreamteam_Guru continues to look at first year players in the hope of unearthing a bargain player.  Today’s player is Maverick Wellar of the Gold Coast.
I was considering long and hard if I should write a piece on this Tasmanian import. 
I mean, ideally I want to win my dreamteam league this year, and if I don’t mention him, he might go under your radar and I have a bigger chance of winning the league.
But what would be even better is if you can use some of my advice, tweak it to your needs and beat me.  So I reveal the following.  Pick Maverick Wellar.
Wellar wasn’t drafted – he was pre-selected by the Gold Coast.  As such, he won’t be on many people’s radars.  His name wasn’t read out on draft day, but if it was I can guarantee that he would have gone in the top ten of the draft!
The other  positive about Wellar is that he was just placed into the leadership group of the Gold Coast.  To put this into perspective, David Swallow isn’t in the leadership group.  If the Gold Coast have this player lined up as a future captain of the club, that is great dreamteam news for us. Why? Because they will play him every single week.
Pick him when his price as low, sell him when his price is high, or consider keeping him for the season.
I hope I don’t regret writing this one!
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment