Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012 - It Begins

@Dreamteam_Guru has started doing what he likes doing best - his spreadsheet for picking his team for the season.

My AFL prospectus arrived in the post yesterday. I was cheering before I opened it. @Mrs_DT_Guru asked "what is it?" As I told her the answer her expression changed to that look. The one that says "I've lost my hubby until the end of September.

At the moment, I am going over the data & putting into a sheet. I have already imputed data for Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton & Collingwood. Once I have gone through all 18 teams, it will be time to work out the ultimate formula. After applying it to all, I will then be able to pick purely on stats who I deem to be the best players.

I'm also looking at future proofing the sheet. The main problem previously is this method picks the best team for last year. I'm looking at making these stats show players on the rise. Maybe then I won't make previous errors. Corey over Redden/Rockliff. Didak over Fyfe.

Big days of stats ahead - I'll keep you posted!

This blog has been written by the @Dreamteam_Guru - follow on Twitter. To ensure comments are read, please send via Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Didak had no pre-season before last season, so you have to do more than just number crunch at times!

    ReplyDelete