Friday, January 20, 2012

@Dreamteam_Guru's Top 50

The Guru has been at it all day.  Since the prospectus arrived a couple of days ago, I have been adding all the data into my precious spreadsheet.  All players are now ranked, and I am going to reveal the top 50 - one player at a time, one day at a time.  The player who came in at 50th place is GWS' Luke Power.

Luke Power has been on the slide in recent years.  Age has caught up to him, and he isn't the little Lukey Power of a decade ago.  A seasoned player now, who will be assistant coaching (I mean playing) for GWS this year.

He can be selected a mid/fwd this year, which will make him more popular than last season, but I would still find it hard to pick him.  I can't see Sheedy playing him for all 22 rounds.  When picking a DT squad, one factor I am looking for is durability, and although he can prove this (averaging 21 games a season over the last 3 years), I don't see him as a big part of Sheedy's plans.

Power's last season was 9 points lower than his 3 year average.  His scores are on the way down.

Another factor - can you see the ball going into the GWS forward half much this year?  I don't think I will have any GWS forwards this seasons.

Although Luke is in my top 50, he will find it hard to find a place in the Guru's 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment