Sunday, February 20, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Cheap Defender #2 – Shaun McKernan, Adelaide $97,600

@Dreamteam_Guru rated 504th player in the league
The NAB cup is the reason that McKernan has found his place the Guru’s 33 man squad.
I was impressed by the way he played and thought that he looked likely to get plenty of game time this year.  With minimal outlay, it didn’t seem too risky to pick him up.
He is listed as a def/for, however I’m not picking him with this in mind.  I don’t have a def/for in my forwardline at present, which means that I won’t be able to use him as a forward. But I’m not intending to either.
At this price, I am looking at his value to increase for me.  If he is consistent, he may stay with the Gurus, but at this stage he is trade bait.  When his price doubles or triples, he will most likely get sold for another defender with more experience and reliability in the dreamteam stage.
I said the same about Ben Nason last year.  I still had him at round 22.
Let’s hope his early season form continues long into the year.  Welcome to the Gurus, McKernan!
This BLOG is written by twitter’s @Dreamteam_Guru. Please leave comments via twitter to ensure they get read.

No comments:

Post a Comment