Sunday, February 27, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Cheap Ruck #1 Daniel Gorringe, Gold Coast $124,500

@Dreamteam_Guru rated 532nd Player in the league
Traded for Sydney’s Shane Mumford, Ruck $332,000
@Dreamteam_Guru 231st player in the league
Traded for Carlton’s Robert Warnock, Ruck $240,900
@Dreamteam_Guru rated 413th player in the league
Why did I pick Gorringe? He is a cheap ruck. He was top 10 in the draft and he plays for the Gold Coast so I am pretty sure he will get game time.
Why did I trade him out? With other trades I made, I had saved a lot of money.  I had 2 value picks, and one lock in the ruck department, but the selection of Gorringe has troubled me.  Especially when he didn’t line up for the Suns in the first round of  NAB cup. 
I had traded away a Swan as part of my team set up, but with their bye safety, I thought that bringing a Swan in to the ruck would give me good cover throughout the season.  With the money spare, and Mumford a certain starter it was a good choice to make.
Let’s look at the players around Mumford and see if it was a good choice for a substantial outlay of money.
226. Kyle Reimers (162)
227. Brett Ebert (162)
228. Paul Bevan (162)
229. Shane Mumford (162)
230. James Frawley (161.667)
231. Chad Cornes (161.667)
232. Jeff Garlett (161.5)
Mumford is the only one on this list that’s in my team.  He is also the only one I considered.
Mumford averaged 80 last year. This is despite his 3 year average being 53.6667.  Last year saw a big improve, and I am hoping he keep it up this year.
Again, on review I decided I didn’t want to spend too much on my ruck division.  My third and fourth players are capable starters, so I decreased to Warnock. This freed up some money for me to spend in defence where I upgraded my value pick to a keeper defender.  This will be revealed in a later BLOG though!
This BLOG is written by twitter’s @Dreamteam_Guru. Please leave comments via twitter to ensure they get read.

No comments:

Post a Comment