Sunday, February 13, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru in Focus - Geelong's Jimmy Bartel

Now we’re talking.
This time last year, Bartel was rated as the number one player in the league using the Guru’s formula. He averaged 105 last year, which saw him drop down to five here – but remember he played with an injured arm for half the season.  Was I the only one to suspect there was a cast on his arm, hence the long sleeves.
Good news – Ablett is gone. I Think Bartel will rise to the challenge of being Geelong’s premium midfielder.  I think he wants to prove that it wasn’t all Ablett, and Geelong can win a premiership without him.
Bartel with motivation is a dangerous mix.
Lets look at the players around him.
2. Dane Swan (268)
3. Brendon Goddard (254.333)
4. Matthew Boyd (253)
5. Jimmy Bartel (253)
6. Joel Selwood (249.667)
7. Leigh Montagna (249.333)
8. Michael Barlow (246).
OK. So everyone has Brendon Goddard. This means that he won’t win you a premiership. You have to have him, but he won’t win it for you.
Dane Swan is a good option. You could lock him in as captain and be very happy for the season. Averaged 123 last year. That’s an average of 246 if he is your captain.
Mathew Boyd and Leigh Montagna go under the radar compared to the other big names, but dreamteam researches will know that they are to be considered.
I’m not touching Barlow until his price drops. Too risky with that knee.
I think Bartel will have more damage than Selwood this year.  If I was looking at outlaying big on my second midfielder, these are the two I would be looking at.  Bartel would get the nod as I think he is on the hunt for a big year.
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment