Monday, February 7, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru in focus – Collingwood’s @SP_10

@DreamteamGuru rated 9th player in the league
Pendles = quality. And plenty of it. He averaged 107 last year, 9 points greater than the year before, and 10 points more than the year before that.  I still think he can improve, and if he does it on the same trajectory, he will average around 115 this year.  That puts him up there with the Montagna’s and Boyd’s potentially, while not necessarily costing that much.  This might depend on when you buy him.
Collingwood winning the flag isn’t a good thing for dreamteamers.  All their players have been in the spotlight (twice – 2 grand finals) meaning a lot of people have seen Pendles perform well and taken notice for this year’s dreamteam.
So to pick him or not?  Let’s compare the guys around him.
6. Joel Selwood (249.667)
7. Leigh Montagna (249.333)
8. Michael Barlow (246)
9. Scott Pendlebury (245.667)
10. Marc Murphy (240)
11. Paul Chapman (238.333)
12. Lenny Hayes (235.333)
I am passing on Joel this year.  I think he will be heavily tagged now that Ablett has moved to the Gold Coast.
I am also passing on Barlow.  He is overly priced considering the amount of games he played and I can’t trust his knee yet.
I may pick Chapman as a forward, but I am nervous about his hamstrings (every year I have these nerves).
Lenny Hayes is pretty old now, and I usually have a no 30+ policy.
That leaves me Montagna, Pendlebury and Murphy.  It’s close for me.  Looking at other factors then.
Carlton have their second bye in round 23 – Preliminary final week in dreamteam. This makes Murphy less desirable.
I think more coaches will have Pendlebury than Montagna, so to have a greater chance of winning, I would pick Montagna.  He averaged 112 last year, which is just fine by me.
Saying that, Pendles is an excellent choice.  Don’t let me put you off!
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment