Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Guru in Focus – Geelong’s Paul Chapman

@DreamteamGuru rated 4th player in the league
For those that have been studying these BLOGs, you would have noticed that Chapman has moved up in my rating system.
The reason is that I have decided that Dual Position Players are worth more.  Their positional flexibility (especially in a year containing a bye) makes these players gold.
Before I made this change, Chapman was 11th on my list.  That’s how important a DPP is!!!
According to my formula, Chapman is the number one rated forward.  He averaged 114 last year, with a 3 year average of 106.333.  There is a feeling that it is risky to pick Chappy because of him hamstrings.  Last year I didn’t pick him for that reason.  Last year, I didn’t win my league either.
You need to take some measured risks to win Dreamteam.  Last year, I took the risk of not picking him.  This year, I won’t make the same mistake.
His three year average of games played (includes finals) is 21 games a season.  If your forward line has depth, or if you have another mid/for that you can swap him with and use a midfielder as cover, you should be able to cover the odd week where he is out injured.
According to my rating system, the top 5 forwards are
1.       Chapman (253.333|
2.       Alan Didak (249)
3.       Colin Sylvia (234)
4.       Lance Frankiln (230.333)
5.       Nick Riewoldt (229.667).
The top 3 are DPP (Mid/For).  If you have the cash, buy them all and have one as a mid.  That way you can yo-yo them between positions.
There are also a lot of cheap mid/for this year. Isaac Smith and Ian Callinan would be good to go with this trio to give you forward line and midfield line depth.
Colin Sylvia is also from Melbourne, meaning you won’t miss him in head-to-head competition when Melbourne have the bye!
Picking Chapman means picking a strategy, and I would suggest loading up on mid/for if you pick Chapman!
This BLOG is written by the @Dreamteam_Guru from twitter.  Send comments via through twitter to ensure they are read.

No comments:

Post a Comment