Wednesday, March 23, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Captain Choices – Round 1

Each week, @Dreamteam_Guru will have a look at the round ahead and have a look at who you should pick as captain for the week
There are three ways I will look at captain choice’s each week.  Firstly, who in my team I will pick.  Secondly, someone outside my team I would pick and finally a smokie.  This is probably best to use against me rather than taken as good advice!
Who the Guru will pick:  Dane Swan (Guru ranked 3rd player in the league) is my most expensive player.  I picked him as he has been dreamteam gold over the last few years, and everyone needs a captain.  This week they play against Port Adelaide, which should be an easy win, and easy possessions for Swan.  If you have him in your team, it seems like the obvious choice this week.
Who Guru doesn’t have, but would pick if I had them: In an alternate reality, I don’t have Swan.  Like many dreamteamers, I don’t have Chris Judd (Guru rated 18th player in the league) in my team, but love the way he plays.  This week he is playing Richmond.  You would think that Carlton would easily account for Richmond, with Judd leading the way.  In last year’s Brownlow medal, Judd dominated his first 5 games for the season and this could easily begin again this week.  Judd then plays Gold Coast the week after, so he could be a good choice as captain 2 weeks in a row.
Smokie: I don’t feel a smokie is allowed to be in my top 50 ranked players.  Otherwise, they aren’t a smokie, but rather dreamteam quality.  I was thinking Scott Thompson, but he is 27th on my list.  Hardly a smokie. How about Dale Thomas?  He is ranked 95th in my list of players, and as mentioned above is only playing Port.  Collingwood have dominated the preseason, are playing a struggling club (who are rumoured to be playing three debutants – conceding perhaps?).  Thomas has been going from strength to strengths and was unlucky to miss out on a Norm Smith.  If you don’t have Swan in your team, why not pick Thomas as your captain?
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment