Friday, March 4, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Value Midfielder #1 Dustin Martin, Richmond $298,800

@Dreamteam_Guru rated 135th player in the league
Traded for Gold Coast’s Charlie Dixon, Forward $97,600
@Dreamteam_Guru rated 572nd player in the league
Weird trade, eh?  With my mid/for strategy I was able to move a mid/for from my mids to my forwards, and then in effect trade a midfield for a forward.
Why did I do the trade? I wanted to free up some money so I could spend more on the second ruck.  In the end, that money has gone to my defence to pick up Broughton (discussed yesterday).
I liked Dustin Martin’s price - $298K for a player that will play 22 rounds this year and score well yet not be on everyone else’s team seemed like a good pick.
However, it does break one of the Guru’s golden rules: Never Pick a Second Year Player.  They are inevitably over priced and decrease in value during the season. Also, they find it hard to live up to their first year when they now get extra attention.
Sorry, Dustin – you had to go.
Dixon impressed me in the games against GWS and Sydney.  He looked to be in the Gold Coast’s best 22 which means lots of game time, and a lot of potential to increase in value.
Welcome to the Guru’s, Charlie!
I’m not expecting him to get much game time for me however.  He will be a fixtire on my bench, and will be cover for bye rounds.  But with my use of dual positions in my forward line, there should be better cover in most weeks for me.  This means that I am only looking for value out of Dixon, and I might upgrade him for another gun forward later in the season.
So I am now challenging Dixon to make me keep him!!!
This BLOG is written by twitter’s @Dreamteam_Guru. Please leave comments via twitter to ensure they get read.

No comments:

Post a Comment