Wednesday, March 30, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Captain Choices – Round 2

Each week, @Dreamteam_Guru will have a look at the round ahead and have a look at who you should pick as captain for the week
There are three ways I will look at captain choice’s each week.  Firstly, who in my team I will pick.  Secondly, someone outside my team I would pick and finally a smokie.  This is probably best to use against me rather than taken as good advice!
Who the Guru will pick:  Dane Swan (Guru ranked 3rd player in the league) is my most expensive player.  He is my lock of a captain, and will be my captain most weeks barring injuries and byes.
Who Guru doesn’t have, but would pick if I had them: In an alternate reality, I don’t have Swan.  In this alternate reality, I would pick Gary Ablett Jnr (Guru rated 1st player in the league). I know he has had a limited pre-season (i.e. none), but if there has every been anyone with a point to prove, its Gary.  I reckon he will pumped up to play fantastically in the first ever game for AFL’s pet-project, the Gold Coast.  His first game may be one to remember.
Smokie: I don’t feel a smokie is allowed to be in my top 50 ranked players.  Otherwise, they aren’t a smokie, but rather dreamteam quality.  How about this? Shane Tuck.  If he plays.  Shane Tuck is Guru rated 57th player in the league, and if selected he will be playing for his spot in the team.  A man on a mission can be a great man for dreamteam.  Only worry is they are playing St Kilda who are a highly defensive team and may stifle Tuck.  But a smokie does have to have an element of risk about it, right?
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment