Wednesday, March 9, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Value Forward #3 Chris Knights, Adelaide $221,900

@Dreamteam_Guru rated 201st player in the league.
Injuries lead to a bad year for Chris Knights.  He played about 6 games, and was never match fit.  He was playing in a team doing poorly, and his performance reflected this too.
The good news for us dreamteamers is the above effected his dreamteam worth substantially.  At $221K, Chris Knights is a bargin.  Although he comes in at 201 in my rankings, last year he was probably among the elite options among dreamteam forwards.  For this reason alone I have included him in my side.
As mentioned yesterday, I traded my other value forward option in Mark Williams.  Although Williams is cheaper, Knights has the more value, as he won’t stay at $221K for long.  And at his price, if you are looking for value you can trade him early, or you can use him as a $221K keeper – unheard of!
Let compare him to other players near him in the rankings.
198: David Hille (168)
199. Josh Hill (168)
200. Brent Macaffer (167.5)
201. Chris Knights (167.333)
202. Josh Drummond (167.333)
203. Richard Tambling (167.333)
204. Tom Rockliff (167)
A few value options around then according to my ranking system.  Knights leads the list for me as his potential to clear the log jam at the 200s and break into the top 100 is a very real possibility. I am confident in this for this reason. 2009 average was 85. 2008 average was 83.  His 67 year last year we can write off to injuries.  This makes him a good buy.  I’m happy with him in my line up!
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment