Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dreamteam_Guru Value Forward #2 Mark Williams, Essendon $162,000

@Dreamteam_Guru rated 445th player in the league
Traded for Freo’s Tendai Mzungu $97,600, defender
@Dreamteam_Guru rated 530th player in the league
This was a tough decision, but in the end it was one I made for money.
I wanted to upgrade Robert Warnock to Matthew L-Berger of Brisbane.  I wanted to keep my gun defenders, and not devalue any of them.  Trading Williams for a first year player saved me over $60K, which is what I needed to do the trade.
In Mzungu, I gain a dual position player that is unaffected by byes (in head to head competition).
By losing Mark Williams, I lose the necessity to trade out in round 24.
Mark Williams was only ever going to be a value pick up for me, and never a keeper.  The romantic in me liked him scoring the goal after the siren against St Kilda and that got my attention.
He will never be prolific in dreamteam, and although $162K is under value, you will only make about $100K from him.
Mzungu is an unknown quantity, and be might be the Michael Barlow of 2011.  He is one of the last selected into my team, but I think he could be a starting player for me come round 22.
As long he is given game time, he is a pick worth having.
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment