Saturday, March 19, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru DPP Mid/For #1 Colin Sylvia – Melbourne, $399,500

Guru rated 17th player in the league
Traded for Collingwood Leon Davis, Forward $266,700
Guru rated 211th player in the league
This trade hurt.  I love Colin Sylvia.  I love that he is dual position player. I love that he in unaffected by the bye. I love that he is in the top 20 players in the competition and under $400K (just).  However, he proved to be too expensive for me this time around.  To have him, I had to sacrifice a decent defender, and I didn’t see too many mid-priced defenders I would like.
Then I saw the way that Collingwood have been playing Davis during pre-season.  In defence.  He is listed as a forward in dreamteam, and I see this as a big reward for dreamteamers.
He will get the ball more.  He  will be creative with the ball and will play like Luke Hodge and Brent Guerra have in the past for Hawthorn – quarter back options who are only there to kick the ball. That equals dreamteam points.
1 year ago when I paid for my AFL prospectus, Davis was listed on the front cover as in Champion Data’s best 22 for the season as a forward.  In that year he averaged 99. Last year he only averaged 64 and went down in value.  Now is the time to snap him up.  $266K is nothing, and having him and Chris Knights in my team is a good move – they are both cheap (allowing me to spend more in defence and in the ruck) and could both be potential starting players come round 24, meaning I haven’t had to sacrifice a trade.
If he does get injured, I would have still made money off him and could upgrade him for a Colin Sylvia then.
Syliva, although you aren’t in my 33 now, be assured that I believe you will be come round 24.
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. My main hope is that Collingwood continue to play Davis like they have over the preseason. Good question though - Yarran lookes to be value this year!

    DTG

    ReplyDelete