Sunday, March 13, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Unaffected Bye Player #4 Brad Green, Melbourne, Forward $409,000

Guru rated 48th player in the league
Traded for Jonathan Brown, Brisbane Forward $361,000
Guru rated 68th player in the league
Traded for Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda, Forward $391,900
Guru rated 24th player in the league
Well you can see that this position has been a source of much head scratching for me.  Originally, I thought that I should have at least one player from Melbourne, Sydney, Freo and Brisbane at minimum to help me with their bye situations.
Although I picked Brad Green, I wasn’t too happy with his price.  I also had a couple of other Melbourne players, so I thought I could save some money.
I had already traded Luke Power out and didn’t have any Lions left.  I though Brown’s price made him worth picking.  I then had this thought – who is going to get the ball to Brown?  For a forward to score well they need good supply.  Brisbane don’t have this at present, so I thought “pass”
Nick Riewoldt has been in my teams for most seasons that I have dreamteamed.  He is the top 25 players (unlike Brown and Green), but is cheaper than Green. 
The way Riewoldt plays is great for dreamtemers – he marks a lot of ball, and most of the time he disposes it by foot. He will kick 50-70 goals for the season making him a good choice.
St Kilda are only affected by the bye once, meaning there is only one round this year that their byes will hurt me.  For a saving of $20K and gaining a more reliable dreamteamer (remember Green’s age), I chose Riewoldt in the end.
There is only one outright forward who is higher on my rankings – Lance Franlikn, who is one spot higher in 23rd. I never feel comfortable with him in my line up as I feel he needs to kick a bag to score well.  He did average 99 last year which is great for a forward, but I prefer Riewoldt’s price and consistency.
BLOG written by twitter’s @Dreamteam_Guru – for feedback please post on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment