Saturday, March 12, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Unaffected Bye Player #3 Adam Goodes, Sydney, Forward $393,200

Guru rated 32nd player in the league
Traded for Kieran Jack, Sydney Midfielder $376,000
Guru rated 93rd player in the league
Initially I had so many mid/for that I was going to play two from my midfield and about 5 or 6 from my forward line.
 Potentially a good strategy, but it meant that I didn’t have a place in my team for my smokey of the year – Kieran Jack.
Those of you that follow the Guru on twitter would be aware that I have been pumping up Kieran Jack during the off season.  I know that I have my ranking system to select a quality team, but that doesn’t take in effect instinct.  My instincts tell me that 2011 is the year of the Jack.
If I had this feeling about a player, I had to find a place for him.  I had primarily picked Goodes for his dual position and unaffected bye nature.  I already have plenty of mid/forwards, so losing this aspect for a pure mid wasn’t a big loss for me.
Kieran Jack also is affected by the bye (as he plays on the same team as Goodes!), so when he has a bye it won’t effect by head to head comps – remember I want to win the league, and not the overall points.
So I saved about $17K for “downgrading” Goodes for Jack, but I believe this to be a sound investment.  Jack should have a year to remember, and I believe will be worth more than his current value come round 24.
All things being well, he should line up for the Gurus come Grand Final day!
Welcome to the Guru’s Jack – now go out and prove me right!!!
BLOG written by Twitter’s @Dreamteam_Guru.  Follow the Guru on twitter for more DT info, and send comments to via twitter to ensure they are read.  Happy dreamteaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment