Friday, March 11, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Unaffected Bye Player #2 Mathew Pavlich, Freo, Forward $380,700

Guru rated 26th player in the league
When I saw that Freo would be unaffected by the bye this year, Pavlich went above other possible forward options for me.  Ahead of Riewoldt and ahead of Franklin.
I also like his dual position flexibility, meaning he can help cover midfielders when they are out injured or have a bye themselves.
In short, for less than $400K, I have a gun player that cover me in lots of different areas.
Let’s compare him to other players that are around him in the Guru rankings
25. Lance Frankilin (230.333)
26. Nick Riewoldt (229.667)
27. Sam Mitchell (228)
28. Matthew Pavlich (226.667)
29. Scott Thompson (225.667)
30. Joel Corey (223)
31. Jared Brennan (222.333)
From earlier BLOGs, it has been revealed that I have Joel Corey.  Ex-top 5 Guru ranked player coming off injury and should have a good 2011. 
All these names are of interest for the Guru, and it is peculiar that there are so many forwards here.
I could never bring myself to pick Brennan as I perceive his scoring to be too erratic.  Might score 150 one week and 40 the next.  I like to have players that I can rely on like a pendulum, and Brennan doesn’t do that enough for me.  Too Stevie J for me.
Franklin and Riewoldt.  I feel that Franklin is over priced this year.  Considering he is so close to Nick on my rankings, if I had to pick one or the other, I would pick Riewoldt purely on the saving.
Scott Thompson is a good dreamteamer for this list, as he does go under the radar compared to other names in this part of the list.  Not many people know him, and you could be forgiven for walking straight past him the street.  This is good for us dreamteamers, because is no one else has him, he could be the player to win you games. With player like Goddard and Swallow in everyone’s team, its players that other don’t have that will win you a game.  If I had more money, he would be in my team.  Unfortuantly, I can’t at the moment, but look at him to be an upgrade option during the season.
If I could only pick one player from this bunch it would be Pav.  But this is because of the uniqueness of this year’s roster.  His dual positional, unaffected bye double makes him cheap at any price.  The fact that he is cheaper than other great forward options only helps his case more!
Go Pav!
BLOG written by Twitter’s @Dreamteam_Guru.  Follow the Guru on twitter for more DT info, and send comments to via twitter to ensure they are read.  Happy dreamteaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment