Friday, March 11, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Unaffected Bye Player #1 Luke Power, Brisbane, Midfielder $362,900

Guru rated 59th player in the league
Traded for Geelong’s Joel Corey, Midfielder $389,600
Guru rated 28th player in the league
Initially my strategy was based around the bye.  I’m not trying to win the comp, I’m trying to win my league and as such picking players from Melbourne, Brisbane, Freo and Sydney made my strategy more sound.  When these teams have a bye, I won’t be playing in head to head competition, so I don’t need huge coverage of my bench.
That’s why I picked Luke Power in my midfield.  He is a high ranking Brisbane midfielder.  However, I looked at Brisbane and decided that having Brisbane players in my line up is too risky.  I have them finishing last this year, and although Power is quality, he won’t have the support to have prolific year dreamteam wise.  Add to that his age.  That’s why I traded.
Joel Corey is a bargain pick this year.  Last year, he was ranked in the top 5 of the competition, and injuries (and playing with injuries) has seen him slip down in my ranking to 28.   Thankfully, he has also slipped in dreamteam dollars, making him a good choice this year.  I would expect his price to rise and I believe he will be off the radar with a lot of other dreamteamers.  Montagna, Boyd, Ablett and Swan will be in a lot of peoples teams, but will they have Corey too?
I’m picking him now before his price rises too much!
BLOG written by @Dreamteam_Guru from Twitter.  To ensure all comments are read, send feedback via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment