Wednesday, March 23, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Money Isn’t an Issue Midfielder – Dane Swan Collingwood, $511,200

@DreamteamGuru rated 2nd player in the league
I didn’t have Dane Swan in my team last year.
I didn’t win my league last year.
I also didn’t make the Grand Final last year.
This is such a mathematical truth it isn’t funny.  To win dreamteam, you must have Dane Swan, and he must be your captain.
Consider:
2008 – average score 103
2009 – average score 119
2010 – average score 123
His lowest score last season was 83. The 104th best player in my ranking system averaged 83. He is that good.  His worst performance would still net him a near top 100 place.
He doesn’t miss games either – heavily durable, efficient and reliable dreamteamer.
Let’s consider him within company.
1.       Gary Ablett (273)
2.       Dane Swan (268)
3.       Brendon Goddard (254.333)
4.       Matthew Boyd (253)
5.       Jimmy Bartel (253)
Ablett and Swan are 14 points higher than Goddard.  In this type of formula, that’s about 15 miles.  In other words, your team needs either one of these players, or both of these players.
For me, it has to be Swan.  Ablett within a new team is an unknown quantity. Ablett has averaged 116.667 over the last 3 seasons, but he has also played with Bartell, Corey, Selwood, Enright, Chapman...the 18 year old bodies of the Gold Coast don’t really compare for me, and this should mean a dreamteam drop for Sir Gary. This means I pick Swan and lock him in before round 1.
I’d like to think I will get Ablett in my team, but it won’t happen before round 10, after the Gold Coast have had both their byes for 2011.  In other words, I am ignoring my own formula and saying “Swan is the most important Dreamteam player of the year!”
This BLOG is written by @Dreamteam_Guru on Twittier.  To ensure all comments get read, please send your thoughts via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment