Thursday, March 17, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru DPP Def/Mid #3 – Brett Deledio, Richmond $371,300

Guru rated 14th player in the league
Forget his dual ability – a player listed in my top 15 who is under $400K is worth picking on that fact alone!  The fact that he can cover weak points in my midfield and defence when other teams have a bye and that he will be available in dreamteam finals makes Deledio a must for my team this year.
There are other higher profile round 1, pick 1 draft selections, but Deledio has proved his worth, especially in dreamteam.
Look at this.
2010: 89
2009: 96
2008: 98
Okay.  The numbers are on a slight decline, but with an improving team, he might not get the heavy tag he has in the past.  Decent numbers for a team that has been anything but decent.  I’d expect him to have a year like 2008 this year – or better.  Repeat – at his current price he is a must!!!
Let’s compare him to other players in the Guru scale around him.
11. Michael Barlow (246)
12. Scott Pendlebury (245.667)
13. Marc Murphy (240)
14. Brett Deledio (238.333)
15. Lenny Hayes (235.333)
16. Nick Dal Santo (234.333)
17. Colin Sylvia (234)
One of my first BLOGS this year was on why you shouldn’t pick Michael Barlow this year. Pass.
Pendles would be in my team if I had the money.  I am expecting to upgrade for him or Ablett later in the season.
Marc Murphy has a bye in dream team finals.  I would want adequate midfield cover before selecting him, and at the moment I don’t.  Pass.
Hayes is very old for dreamteam now.  Still gets great numbers, but I am worried that he can’t sustain his output/durability.  Pass (but I do love him).
Dal Santo. I’ve never selected him before. He is a good player, but he doesn’t seem to fit who I want for dreamteam.  Pass, but on instinct only.
Colin Sylvia will be chatted about in a future BLOG.
If I could only select one at this stage, I would take Pendles.  However, for what I need in my team, Deledio is the man.  Underpriced, great value and multi positional.  Welcome to the Gurus!
BLOG written by twitter’s @Dreamteam_Guru – for feedback please post on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment