Saturday, March 5, 2011

@Dreamteam_Guru Value Ruck #1 Drew Petrie, North Melbourne $209,700

@Dreamteam_Guru rated 224th player
Petrie has tried valiantly for me not to pick him.
He broke three feet last year (true!), and is now suspended for round 1.
Why have I picked him?
Firstly, value.  He will go up $100K easy this year.
Secondly, reputation.  In my rankings last year, I had him sitting as the third best ruckman in the league behind Sandilands and Cox.  Now he is rated as the 15th best ruckman. Context: Brogan and Bradley are ahead of him (according to my scale).
I don’t think many people would agree with that.
I am expecting Petrie to return strong and want to make up for such a bad 2010 season.  This could be a potential blessing for dreamteamers.
The other plus is that he has played preseason games. The roos wouldn’t have risked him if they thought his feet couldn’t stand it (sorry – pad Guru puns coming out here).
Given that he is only missing round 1, I have had to pick 2 ruckman that will be playing round one.  This has compromised my Gold Coast strategy slightly, but I’m okay with that!
This BLOG is written by twitter’s @Dreamteam_Guru. Please leave comments via twitter to ensure they get read.

No comments:

Post a Comment